Friday, July 11, 2008

Anna Kate is 3 months old today!!

It is so hard for me to believe that 3 months ago on a Friday, I was at the hospital, and we were about to meet miss Anna Kate! The time has absolutely flown by, and as much as I loved her 3 months ago, that love has grown over these months and will continue to grow! She is such a precious gift, and I feel so incredible blessed to be a mother. I wasn't sure that I could or even wanted to handle it, but I am learning and growing right along with her, and I would not trade motherhood for a thing in this world! I am learning more and more about the Father's love for us through Jesus...As much as I love Anna Kate, I know that it is only a faint reflection of the love God has for us. I love Eph. 3:17-19 which says,

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

My prayer for Anna Kate is that above everything, she will come to know Jesus, and in that, discover this amazing, redeeming love. I can only make it my aim to make sure that I am a vessel and an instrument of such love in her life-all for the glory of God!

6 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Happy 3 month birthday Anna Kate. What a beautiful family..and I loove your slide show..I forgot how much I love Amy Grant :)

Sara said...

Great slideshow! I love the video of Anna Kate kicking. She might be a soccer player!

Casey said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! They are definitely growing up too fast!! We need to hang out again soon!!

Anonymous said...

My heart smiles as I read your heart for Anna Kate and our Father. Good to see you from a far yesterday!
Jen P

Frances Vineyard said...

Beautiful...Wednesday, my house! :)

The Swatloski's said...

I LOVE THE SLIDESHOW!! How sweet is that precious Anna Kate??!! She is truly a blessing Elisa!