Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's been a LONG time huh?

Well, I have to tell you...Time is flyin by, and since our vacation, I've been a complete slacker...in almost every way. Anna Kate has been growing and changing so much! We had our four-month check up last week on August 26th, and Anna Kate is about 24 inches long, and weigs 15.9 lbs, both of which were around the 70th percentile...so her gargantuan size at birth is leveling out...she may not be a linebacker afterall! :) She is getting to be such a rolly polly. The other night I put her down on her mat, which she loves, and went into the kitchen to do something, and literally 20 seconds later, Tyler said, "Elisa, come here!" Anna Kate had rolled across the floor and under his recliner! Until then, she only rolled over on her belly and just sat there. It was SO funny! We will definitely have to start thinking about baby-proofing, huh? She's also started cereal, which is pretty funny. She had her first cereal last Wednesday. (After all the stress of the doctor's appt on Tuesday and the shots, I thought it prudent to wait for a day to introduce the spoon and cereal) Of course, Tyler has been worried about the nutritional value of single grain rice cereal, but you have to start somewhere, Daddy! ;) The first couple of feedings were pretty hilarious, with Anna Kate pursing her little lips and looking at us with this confused look like, "What in the world is this thing and this pasty stuff you're trying to put in my face?" After a couple of days, though, she was opening her mouth like a little bird and eating as fast as I could feed her! I think we have a good eater on our hands! :) Other than that, we've just been adjusting her schedule to exclude the long nap at 5...she takes a catnap and is usually ready to rumble for the rest of the evening! We are finding that she's a little clingy to me, which is disconcerting, but will hopefully work itself out if we are more intentional going forward about her spending time with others.

I am continually amazed at the intense love I feel for her...she is such an amazing blessing. As I sat folding her little laundry this morning, I stopped and thought, how precious to be able to care for her. Even in such a small thing, to be able to meet her need. I am reminded of the Father's love for us thru Christ. I love opening my prayers with "Heavenly Father." He is the author of those feelings I had this morning folding Anna Kate's onesies! How precious and unthinkable that He wants to care for me that way and meet my needs...and He is SO much more capable than I am with all my flaws and weaknesses. Why is it that I so often wear myself out trying to meet mine, my husband's, my family's needs and completely leave him out of the equation? I pray that I will allow Him to be strong in my weakness...especially as I grow as a mama!


Lunchin' with Grandaddy & Granna at McAlister's


Very first bite of cereal...Daddy did such a good job!


This might not be all that bad! :)


She's really beginning to enjoy tummy time...especially when her daddy gets in the floor to play with her!


Grandaddy came over while Granna was at the beach, and Anna Kate had such a good time laughin with him!


Watching my first Alabama game with Gigi, Aunt Mae Beth and Benny!


Aunt Sarah showing Anna Kate what to do with that shaker! She was fascinated with it!!! Roll Tide!


Sunday in the nursery-which has been a little crazy and in need of volunteers lately-with Drew. Casey and I both try to have them sleep in there, and when I went to get Anna Kate this past Sunday, they were both just hanging out in the swings...WHERE WE LEFT THEM...like little angels! The nursery workers were VERY appreciative! :) Isn't this precious...

Thanks Gigi, Aunt Sarah, and Aunt Mae Beth for my cute pink Alabama dress!

Happy girl watchin Monday's post-practice press conference with Daddy!

7 comments:

Frances Vineyard said...

I am so glad that you have posted again. I have been missing Anna Kate. She is really filling out. That was funny about her rolling on the floor. Just wait until she starts crawling...then things really change. We need to hang out sometime.

Hey this is Sara, not Fran, but I am on her computer.

Stephanie said...

It's great to see some pictures of Anna Kate. She is precious and is growing so much.

I saw the new store off Clinton Hwy. How convenient for me! :) I've been getting a hankering for some new furniture. We're paying our house of in 15 months - praise the LORD for blessing us- so, we'll have extra money to spruce up the place! :)

JenP said...

Love it, Elisa. I keep stalking your blog. Thank you for sharing about the Father and his faithfulness, too. such a reminder!
Jen

Frances Vineyard said...

It is amazing and such a blessing! Thanks for sharing your little beauty with us!
love fran

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

It's about time. Stay on it, missy.

Tummy time pic..is she lifting wights as well?

"Tasteful" Bama pride display...yay! A good Bama fan is a classy Bama fan. Well...that's not always the case... ...But...yay!

LOVE how happy she us during post-practice conference. Like Daddy...AND like Mama (interest-wise, I mean).

Love.

Pam Bowers said...

It is good to see how you all are doing. I was wondering just how big Anna Kate must be getting. She is such a looker. You must be so proud. Thanks for the update.