Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!

Hey y'all! Sorry it's been a while since I updated...life has been a bit crazy lately! I am proud, though...all our Christmas shopping is finished...everything's wrapped, and we're ready for action! :) Next up, baking! Yesterday, Granna & Grandaddy took us to see Santa, and Anna Kate had the BEST time! She absolutely loved being out in the hustle and bustle. She laughed and cooed and smiled all afternoon, even though she completely missed her nap. She became fast friends with the big man in red, and I hope it's the beginning of a wonderful friendship! After our afternoon out, we came home, ordered pizza, and after putting Anna Kate to bed, I convinced Mom, Daddy, and Tyler to assemble a gingerbread house I bought while I was grocery shopping this week. After much grumbling and persuading, we had SUCH a good time working on it, and I must say, it being our very first one EVER turned out really great! .

I Hope everyone's taking a little time each day to reflect on the real reason for celebration this Christmas. Stop for a minute today, and think about what your life would look like without the redeeming work of Jesus in your life. Praise the Father for sending the Son and allowing us to have relationship with Him. I bought Amy Grant's very first Christmas album at McKay's this past weekend (Boy, I'm not sure why I thought a trip to McKay's the Saturday two weeks before Christmas would be a good idea!), and I listened to it Wednesday while I was wrapping gifts. She has a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of "A Mighty Fortress" paired with "Angels We Have Heard on High." It's an incredible reminder that the Jesus we celebrate at this time of year is the SAME Jesus who is our fortress, our deliverer, and our never-failing protection! Hallelujah!

And you thought you were having a bad hair day!


In front of Granna's tree. The onesie she has on says "Mom & Dad's Best Present EVER!" How true...


This is what most of our pics look like...




See all my teeth??? Her front ones are breaking the skin, making 6, and her eye teeth are coming soon...Whew!


Storytime with Daddy...Thanks for the cool touch & feel book, Grandmom!


Ready to rock-n-roll at the mall!


Playin' with Granna during lunch!


Storytime with Grandaddy!


The beginnings of the masterpiece!


Go Mom!


Poor Bella!


With the finished product! I was amazed we had any candy left. Tyler kept sneaking pieces!


Isn't this adorable??? She looks like she's saying, "What's up Santa? How ya been?"


I'm convinced this is the BEST Santa photo EVER...but I may be just a teensy bit biased!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE the pictures with Santa!! Miss Anna Kate is SO photogenic!! And the one of Bella-too cute!!

Frances Vineyard said...

I would have to agree it is the 2nd best Santa photo ever behind the one of J&J screaming last year, HA! :) What a pretty Santa too! I love the Gingerbread house!

Sara said...

Wow, Anna Kate already has 6 teeth. Anna just has 5. I love the pic of Anna Kate with Santa. I think we are going tomorrow after church. We need to get together sometime. Maybe after Christmas and Anna's birthday is over. We hope you all can come to Anna's birthday party!

Stephanie said...

I agree with you about being the best Santa picture. It truly is great! There won't be any Santa pictures on my blog this year...maybe ever. Both of my kids are scared of Santa. Ben even went so far as to say he didn't want Santa to come to his house on Christmas Eve...that is until I told him he probably wouldn't get a racetrack if Santa didn't come!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Casey said...

Oh my, so many pictures to love! Really, Anna Kate with all those chompers!?! Drew definitely has some catching up to do. I love the Santa pics and the fact that you talked your family into doing a gingerbread house! I miss you guys, and hope you have a great Christmas! I need to see you all very soon!!

JenP said...

Yes...AK is the cutest and most enthusiastic with Santa. Merry Christmas. Love you.

Amanda said...

I LOVE that Amy Grant album...it's a childhood favorite...

I wanted to make a gingerbread house this year and haven't been able to! Yours is lovely... I say we have a little contest next year (;.

Thanks so much for my birthday singing and the Christmas card...both made happy. The card turned out so well!

All of the pictures are wondermous...I'm enjoying watching her grow. ...Now to meet her...

Give my love to your family... Love you!!